Hey babes – Christmas is just around the corner and I’m coming for ya with this heavenly cinnamon bun recipe – the best about it is that it’s healthy, so you’re definitely allowed to treat yourself!!
They turned out being super fluffy – I also topped them with a super delish sugar glaze 🙂
Curious?? Get the recipe below!
Average prepping time 40 mins + 100 mins sitting and baking
Ingredients for about 12 fluffy buns:
For the dough:
- 7g dry yeast
- 250 ml oat mylk
- 50g raw cane sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 75g coconut oil, melted
- 500g spelt flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt and cardamom
For the filling:
- 400g dried plums
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 apple
- a handful of walnuts, chopped
- a handful of cashews, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
For the sugar glaze (opt.):
- 120g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp oat mylk
- Heat the oat mylk on medium heat. Take off the stove and stir in the yeast until fully dissolved. Add in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and stir again.
- In a big bowl, combine all the other ingredients for the dough and add in the mylk-yeast combination. Knead to a smooth dough. Let sit in a warm place for about 40 mins.
- In the meantime, add plums, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and coconut oil to a food processor and blend until smooth. Cut the apple in super small cubes.
- After the 40 mins time, the dough should be about double sized. On a floured surface, roll the dough to a about 1 cm thick rectangle.
- Coat with the plum spread and sprinkle over the apple cubes and nuts.
- Roll the dough, beginning from the longer side and cut into about 3-4 cm thick rolls. Place the ready cutted buns into a oiled baking tin, leaving some space in-between for baking.
- Let them sit for about 40 more mins and afterwards bake them for about 20 mins at 180 degrees celsius.
- For the glaze, simply combine all the ingredients.
They taste best, still warm fresh out of the oven :)) ENJOY!!