Who’s in for some healthy vegan waffles? I hadn’t had waffles in too long, so I definitely had to make the agin – and guys, they’re so addictive… :))
My waffles are gluten-free, refined sugar free, super fluffy and just yummy! Wanna treat yourself without feeling guilty? This recipe is definitely right for you.
Btw, I’m using silicone tins for my waffles and baking the in the oven, that’s a super quick, easy and oil free way to make your waffles! Have you ever tried baking your waffles in silicone tins?
Ingredients for about 5 small waffles
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 2 Flax „eggs“ (2 tbsp ground flaxsseds + 6 tbsp warm water)
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp dairy free milk alternative of choice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- a splash sparkling water
- Fresh fruits, cashew butter, coconut chips etc for topping
1. First of all, combine the ground flaxseeds with the warm water and set aside.
2. In the meantime, combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients including your flaxeggs and add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix well and let sit for about 10 minutes.
3. Bake in a waffle iron or in a silicon pan in the oven at 350°F / 180°C for about 15 minutes.
4. Serve with your toppings of choice